Can I walk you through the evolution of my hair?
Once upon a time I had REALLY long hair that my mom had a great deal of possession issues over. So when she moved to Texas when I was 16/17 I chopped it all off two days after
- The result was not this. This is what it looked like AFTER I let my friend chop it all off horridly and I got it fixed at Supercuts.
- I let it grow out and when I graduated and moved to california I thought it would be a good idea to dye it black. Simply because I could and we had black dye on hand. (I also thought I could trim my own bangs, but clearly I could not)
- Then I thought it’d be cool to put a blonde streak in it, but it just turned out ginger and ugly, since all I did was smack bleach in my hair at random.
- When I got a job, they said I couldn’t have two toned hair so I decided to go blonde, but when I tried to dye my hair, it turned ginger. (only for a few days.
- It took two bleachings before my hair turned blond. Then I went and got a hair cut and the lady cut off more than I wanted her too.
- My hair grew out a lot and after keeping up with dying it blond & getting irritated with dark roots showing, I decided to dye the undertone dark brown. (it soon faded to a light dirty blond)
- I got tired of being blond so I tried dying all my hair brown. That didn’t last very long and my hair soon went back to a dirty blond color.
- I loved the color and I thought I had the coolest short hair for a girl!
- I let it grow out and stopped dying it to let it get back to my natural color.
- But the blond could never hold any color even after numerous dye jobs. So I left it alone and naturally obtained the Ombre look, which as it was coming into fashion I had already had. (ahead of the trends? I think so!)
Aw, the memories!